Many people before asking themselves How to Improve Kidney Function firstly try to understand what the reason of development of dysfunction of kidney is. Causes can include genetic problems, injuries, or medicines. A person is at greater risk for kidney disease if she or he has diabetes, high blood pressure, or a close family member with kidney disease.
As we know, diseases of the kidney are diverse, but people with these diseases frequently display characteristic early signs of kidney diseases. Most kidney diseases attack the nephrons. This damage may leave kidneys unable to remove wastes. In this condition, the most important program of recovering is the one that allows to understand how to naturally improve kidney function fully.
Speaking about the most common kidney infection – Pyelonephritis – the most cases of it are complications of common bladder infections. How does it work? The kidneys filter the blood to produce urine. Two tubes called the ureters carry urine from the kidneys down to the bladder. Urine travels from the bladder out of the body through the urethra. Bacteria enter the body from the skin around the urethra. Sometimes, bacteria escape the bladder and urethra, traveling up the ureters to one or both kidneys.
Pyelonephritis is a potentially serious kidney infection that can spread to the blood, causing severe illness. Pyelonephritis may start with similar symptoms as other kidney disease have. However, once the infection has spread to the kidney, signs of more severe illness usually coincide.
Signs and Symptoms of Kidney Disease
- Back pain or flank pain
- Fever (usually present) or chills
- Feeling sick (malaise)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Confusion (especially in the elderly)
When you have some suspicion that the reason of your condition is pyelonephritis, you should pay attention to noticeable changes in the urine, such as:
- Blood in the urine
- Cloudy or foul-smelling urine
- Pain when urinating
- Increased frequency or urgency of urination.
Speaking about early signs of kidney stones we should not forget the features of them. In fact, kidney stones are like small rocks that can either stay in the kidney or travel through the urinary tract. Often there are no symptoms of a kidney stone until it starts to move and blocks the flow of urine.
When this happens, symptoms may include:
- Waves of sharp pain in your back and side or lower abdomen. The pain may move toward the groin or testicles.
- Inability to find a comfortable position
- Nausea and vomiting with ongoing flank pain
- Blood in the urine
- The frequent urge to urinate.
Once having kidney infection or another kidney disease you should do everything possible to recover your kidneys, help to improve its function naturally and to help prevent a recurrence of kidney disease. For instance, knowing the stone’s specific mineral composition can help determine which preventive steps are most likely to reduce your risk of getting another kidney stone.
How to Improve Kidney Function Naturally
- Drink 2 to 3 quarts of liquid every day. Drinking plenty of fluid is probably the most important way to prevent future stones since this will dilute the mineral concentration in your urine.
- Eat a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables and low in animal protein.
- Limit your intake of oxalate-rich foods such as chocolate, nuts, spinach, beets, and tea.
- Limit vitamin C to less than 2 grams a day. It may convert to oxalate in the body.
- Reduce your salt intake to no more than 2400 mg a day since higher amounts may raise the level of calcium in your urine.
- Do not reduce the calcium in your diet! Studies show that limiting calcium in your diet may not stop kidney stones from forming and may harm your bones.
- Get to or maintain a healthy weight.
Following these simple recommendations will help how to improve kidney function naturally and easily, but in the next movie we present it in a clear and understandable way.